Jan 4, 2011

Burlap Tree Skirt

Some of you remember this post where I stated that I was going to attempt to make my own version of the Ballard Designs Burlap Tree Skirt.  Well I did it...and I thought it turned out really well.

I know this post would have been much better to have done BEFORE Christmas, but I got busy and didn't get around to it.  Sorry! 

I did not take pictures as I went, but I used this series of videos and it was very helpful:

http://www.monkeysee.com/play/4198-how-to-make-a-custom-christmas-tree-skirt


We have a smaller tree so I wanted my skirt to have a 36 inch diameter.  For that size these are the supplies I used:

2 yards of ivory burlap (probably could have used a little less, but I wanted to be sure I had enough)
2 yards of blackout lining
3 1/4 yards of ivory fringe

I don't think she talks about this in the video, but to determine the amount of fringe you need take your diameter (36 inches for me) and multiply it by 3.2 (36 x 3.2= 115.2 inches).  Then convert to yards.

I was able to buy all of the supplies from Joann's either on sale for 50% off or with a 40% off coupon.  In all I think I spent about $27.





No comments:

Post a Comment