Nov 6, 2010

Roman Shades

Yes I have lived in this house for 5 1/2 years and yes I am just now getting around to window treatments downstairs.  I honestly don't know why it has taken me this long to get my act together.  I have big plans for the downstairs so stay tuned for more decorating progress.  For now here are the roman shades I made for the breakfast room window. 

Before


After 



Since we already had blinds (and we rarely close them) I decided to take the easy route and do fixed roman shades...meaning they don't go up and down. 

Next on the agenda is to finish up the Christmas outfit (smocked of course) for Kiley's new baby girl, Anna Kathryn!  Isn't she precious.  Cannot wait to get to St. Louis and hold her.



Then I plan to try and make a Christmas tree skirt similar to this:

Burlap Tree Skirt

I love this tree skirt from Ballard Designs but not for $50!  I bought all of the materials for about $20 today.  I will post pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment