Jan 25, 2011

The Mug

When we were at my in-laws just before Christmas we were sitting down having Sunday lunch when all of a sudden my mother-in-law got up from the table and announced that she found something and wanted to give it to me.  I certainly was curious, but had no idea what it could be.  Then she walked in with this:



Precious...right?  It was a mug Nick made for her in 1st grade and she wanted me to have it.  Many of you probably made something similar for your parents (I know I did.)

At this point I am still thinking oh this is so sweet...I am so glad she thought to give it to me. Then she asked me to read it.  Not going to lie....it took me a minute to figure it out.

"Dey Mom I wus I dent haf tow go toow Scool"

allow me to translate:

Dear Mom I wish I didn't have to go to School

The sweet, gushy feeling quickly left and we were laughing hysterically.  Only Nick would write something like that AT SCHOOL to give to his mother on MOTHERS DAY.  I am sure this is how his report card read:

Coloring B
Spelling  C (he did spell Mom correctly)
Honesty A


No comments:

Post a Comment