Apr 21, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like the fact that Lorena Ochoa is retiring. You may not know her so here’s the quick rundown: She’s the world’s #1 ranked women’s golfer and she’s only 28. After a dominating collegiate career at Arizona, she regularly hoisted trophies during her short LPGA tour career. Sure, her departure is the exact opposite of what the LPGA needs in this day and age of receding tournament sponsors. But I’m in a greedy mood and I can’t blame her for kicking back. Why not? Working is overrated! Most people retire from their job to play golf. You must be doing something right if the job you retire from IS golf! It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out as she has not ruled out a return down the road.

This week, l love pralines. I won’t steal much of Julie’s thunder by sharing details of our recent trip to Savannah but I will say that if you go there, a trip to River Street Sweets is a must. As soon as you walk in the door, they shove a warm sample of their original praline in your face. How could you not buy 20 or so?!?! This just goes to show that your taste buds do change as you get older. I wasn’t a big fan of pralines as a youth but now I totally am! Buy me some of these pralines via mail order my birthday in August and we will be friends for a long time.

This week, I don’t like water heater leaks. Yep, one of the first things we noticed once we got back from our Savannah trip was a little discoloration on the kitchen floor and some moisture in the vicinity of the water heater. And the moisture wasn’t from the tears Julie shed after leaving Savannah. Methinks we will have to get a new water heater as the one we currently have is old old old. The water heater is located in the same closet where our downstairs AC unit is located. It leaked water last summer, for those of you keeping score at home.

I would try the repair or replacement myself but I don’t want to end up on the local news.

No comments:

Post a Comment