Dec 1, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like Top Gear. Don’t get me wrong: I’m not a car guy. I really like this show for its beautiful HD element. This show, based off of a popular British show of the same name, features the most unique tasks performed in the most awe-inspiring automobiles. Unfortunately, the three hosts of the show don’t have very good chemistry and given their random backgrounds, I sometimes catch myself wondering why they are the hosts at all. Some of the stunts are dorky too. But the HD intros for the supercars used on the show more than make up for Top Gear’s shortcomings. See for yourself. This video is cool but not as cool as the pair of Aston Martins dueling in a dried lake bed I had hoped to show you.



This US version of the show is not getting good reviews from loyal fans of the British show. Who knows how much longer it will last? But you can bet on this: if you appreciate HDTV like I do, you’ll like this show even if you aren’t a car geek.

This week, I love watching great movies that I previously overlooked. Being the son of movie renters, I was able to enjoy a lot of worthy movies during my childhood. I also viewed a lot movies that were NOT worth watching with my sister (her picks). I’ve seen so many movies that, when I find a good film that I haven't watched yet, it's like discovering hidden treasure. Netflix recently suggested I watch M. Knight Shyamalan’s The Village. I don't know why I put off watching this 2004 film but I was very pleased. I haven't felt this good about 'discovering' a movie since I watch Boiler Room a few years ago.

This week, I don't like being a Grinch. I don't know why but I haven't been able to get into the Christmas spirit. I have had no desire to watch a Christmas movie or listen to holiday music. It may be because I have devoted a lot of time, attention and nerves to Auburn football lately. Who knows? Maybe all it will take it hearing the best Christmas song of all time to get me kick-started...



Nope. Didn't do it. Not yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment