Sep 16, 2009

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like leftovers. My parents came to visit this past weekend and Julie went above and beyond the call of cooking duty. We napped liked college students as the succulent morsels glistened on our lips and digested in our gullets. Julie has not had to cook all week because we had so much food left over. I think she has enjoyed the break.

This week, I love the fact that I recently replaced the burnt-out light bulbs on the dashboard of my truck. I had gotten to the point to where I could not see my speedometer at night. My research on the Internet turned up just enough info to give me courage to try replacing the bulbs myself - but not much in the form of helpful photos or directions. It actually turned out to be an easier-than-expected process and I will be posting my findings soon. Bottom line: I saved some money (in terms of labor) and all of my dash lights work now!


This week, I don't like the current state of our landscaping. Julie and I pay quarterly fees to our neighborhood association. This money help pays for weekly lawn mowings and edging and also occasional hedge trimming. Seems that this year they changed "occasional" to "one-time". I've had to bust out the hedge trimmer to keep the bushes at bay. I don't mind the exercise but you should see some of the bushes around the neighborhood! Out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment