Oct 12, 2009

1 Down - 3 To Go

As Nick mentioned on a previous post I have decided to take on the challenge of reupholstering some furniture! My mother-in-law got me interested last year when she decided to take on a few projects...so I read a few books and decided that I could do it. I started with the easiest project... a parsons chair which we use for a desk chair in our office/den. Here are some before and after pictures.

Before - I know a perfectly good chair and I am about to take it apart.

The sofa in the background is next!

Working Hard


Its not perfect, but I was pleased with how it turned out! My new toy definitely made all the difference! I started out with an electric staple gun and that just wasn't getting the job done so Nick went out and bought me an air compressor with an air staple gun!!!! IT IS AWESOME!

Nick's sofa is next on the agenda! The fabric has been ordered so hopefully we can get started on that project soon.


  1. JULIE!!!!!! I Love it!!! I can't wait for you to teach me!

  2. Julie - that chair turned out great... your craftsmanship is amazing! Looks like you are getting the hang of this hobby very quickly. :) (Oh, and I think the fabric looks good with the wall color!)

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. Sorry, here we go again. These are just beautiful. I am so impressed! You did a great job!