Jun 7, 2012

Monogram Transformation

Many people think that once an outfit is monogrammed that it can't be reused, but I am here to tell you that it can!  You can remove the monogram or you can applique over it.  I bought this outfit at a consignment sale for $9.00 (retail price is $54.00).  I wanted to add a new monogram rather than an applique so I cut out the three letter monogram with my 4" Gingher embroidery scissors.




This is somewhat of a tedious process as you have to be careful not to cut the fabric.  I was able to get all three letters removed while watching two episodes of Cake Boss!


Once the thread was removed I ironed the area really well ,washed the outfit, and ironed it again.  After it is washed and ironed the needle holes are almost all gone.


Once it was ironed I added a new monogram. 





Not bad for a $9.00 investment.  Next time you are at a consignment sale don't overlook the monogrammed items!


No comments:

Post a Comment