Jun 11, 2011

2 + 1 = 3

That's right...come December our family of 2 is going to become a family of 3!  There are really no words to accurately descride the feeling other than to say that we are thrilled and honored that God has chosen to give us this wonderful gift.  There are a lot of things in my life that I haven't known, but one thing I have always known is that I wanted to be a mom, and now that it is a reality I am overcome with joy and excitement.

We found out we were pregnant in late April and had our first prenatal visit on May 18th!  We were able to hear the heartbeat and will get to hear it again this Thursday when we go for our next appointment.

The process of telling family, friends and coworkers has been a blast.  And as an added bonus one of my best friends Emily Branch is expecting as well, and we are due on THE SAME DAY.  Not sure what those odds are, but nonetheless it is so much fun to have a friend that is going through this process at the same time.

I know that I have been a terrible blogger lately, but I hope to be much better in the coming months.  On top of the pregnancy I have been consumed with calligraphy.  Since late March I have addressed 555 double envelopes, written out 2 invitations, 2 reply sets, and 1 reception card.  May not seem like a lot, but trust me...it is (especially when you have a full time job)!  I have about 375 more invitations to go...  Then I get to focus on decorating the nursery, smocking, and learning my new embroidery machine!  I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment