Feb 6, 2013

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like spring cleaning. It’s not quite spring but Julie and I have definitely been doing some cleaning. Julie has been doing a lot more on her own but she and I have tackled a few closets together. It’s amazing how admitting certain facts can impact my purging efforts. Like that I’ll never wear a particular shirt or never fit into a pair of slacks again. Julie is great about documenting all of our clothing donations for tax purposes and she has become a real pro at eBay, Craigslist and a local Facebook auction group. So far, we've cleaned out my closet, our utility closet and the laundry room. I enjoy spring cleaning but it’s even better with Julie! I can’t wait until we focus on her closet!!!


This week, I love Vine. From the Vine blog: Vine is “a new mobile service that lets you create and share beautiful, short looping videos.” It was developed by some of the folks involved with the creation of Twitter so, naturally, your Vine videos can be easily shared through your Twitter account. Vine is a program that works with your phone’s camera and allows you to film six seconds of video that tells a particular story. That’s the key point: your short video should tell a story. I’m still new to Vine but here’s a video I did to give viewers an idea of what our nightly routine with Graham is like.


To get the full experience, click here to go to my Vine page. Vine’s been called “Instagram for video”. I never got into Instagram but I’m really going to like Vine. Many people have taken a lot of time to craft very detailed videos but the best part of Vine is that you can be as sloppy as you want to be.

This week, I don’t like “Hulu Hangups”. As mentioned in a recent post, I’ve been enjoying Hulu Plus via our PlayStation 3. It’s a great service but more often than not, I’ll experience a “Hulu Hangup” when trying to watch a show. Hulu Plus has loads of great content and it’s all organized very well. But when trying to quickly drill down through different seasons of shows, the service sometimes just…goes blank. The only way to overcome this problem is to close out Hulu Plus all together and start over. I don’t think Julie has experienced this with her Roku device so maybe this is just a PS3 issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment