Aug 25, 2011

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like watching my parents surf. My parents asked Julie and me to take advantage of the recent sales tax holiday and purchase them a computer (they paid us back). My sister had already donated a very nice monitor so we just picked up a tower and a 4-in-1 printer. Here’s the thing though: my parents aren’t very experienced with this type of machinery and wizardry. We traveled to Camden last weekend and set everything up. We showed them a few basics and they even ventured online for a bit. It was interesting to see how they tried to process different tasks that we all mindlessly execute dozens of times each day. You have to walk before you run and I know my parents will be blazing new trails in no time!

This week, I love ramping up. I don’t know if y’all are aware of this but Julie is going to have a baby. Like...in December. That means there’s lot of chores to do and little time in which to do them. It’s been a mixture of high emotions, stress and fun. So far we’ve painted the nursery, moved some furniture and have started the purging process (the Exchange Club is going to LOVE us). We still need to assemble the crib, recycle Julie's beer can collection and rearrange some rooms but we’ll tackle that soon. We also have to name our baby. But that’s another blog for another day.

This week, I don’t like am disappointed in FarmLinks Golf Club. My best friend and I made our 2nd annual visit to the best public golf facility in Alabama earlier this week. Y’all remember my first visit last year, right? The golf course is still top notch and we had a great time. Unfortunately, I came away disappointed in a few changes that I noticed this year. First, the hot lunch I looked forward to in the clubhouse was not to be. Instead, we were treated to a fried, greasy medley…outdoors. The wonderful lunch I enjoyed last year added a real value to my inaugural experience. The temperature was approaching 100 degrees this week and having to eat at a picnic table OUTSIDE really put a dent in my level of enjoyment.

Like last year, my friend and I took full advantage of FarmLink’s unlimited play feature. As we began our third round of the day, we noticed that the GPS feature in our cart no longer provided yardages for the holes we were playing. I interpreted this interruption in service as FarmLink’s way of encouraging us to leave. But we powered through and soon realized that we were the last two people on the course. We decided to use this rare moment of seclusion to give our wives an inside look at what takes place when we play golf. My only regret is that some of the commentary is distorted as our golf cart was in motion.



No comments:

Post a Comment