May 26, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like fried shrimp. Whenever I go to Golden Corral for Lions Club meeting, I knock old ladies over to get to the fried shrimp on the buffet. Julie has been serving up some golden fried goodness from her kitchen lately too. I think my appreciation stems more from the combination of fried shrimp with GOOD cocktail sauce. Emphasis on GOOD. It’s got to have a sharp tang to it. I guess we better get all the seafood we can because this oil leak situation doesn’t look like its improving. (By the way, I can’t wait to see that BP executive lose his mind and go off on Matt Lauer one of these days!)

This week, I love discussing LOST. Let me state that I’m experiencing a mix of emotions now that TV’s best show has concluded: from sadness to disappointment. Sweet Julie Corman mailed me a gift box that contained chocolate and Season 1 of LOST when we first started dating. I’m not happy with how things wrapped up but I do love discussing theories with my sister and friends. Just trying to wrap my mind around what exactly happened is fun, if I don’t let it frustrate me. I guess we have to look on the bright side: our questions that didn’t get answered create the perfect situation for movies, books, and TV spinoffs!

Speaking of unanswered questions, a special thanks goes out to my sister for passing this video along. WARNING: may contain spoilers if you are not up to date. Play it safe and don’t watch if you have not seen the series finale.



This week, I don’t like companies that offer email addresses as points of contact, but don’t respond to emails. I’ve got something wrong with my truck. I won’t go into details but I’ll say that I know what the problem is, it’s too complicated for me to tackle and my regular mechanic can’t perform the repair. Nearly every auto mechanic in my area (from national chains to local dudes) offers an email address. I know that these professionals aren’t likely to be the type to utilize email. I know that I would be better off calling them. But I can explain my problem much better in written form. Plus, it’s just dumb to offer an email address if you aren’t planning on using it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the props... I am sure we will still be dissecting LOST in another life, brotha'. I'm ready for a full-on LOST-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete