May 13, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like going to the movies. No matter how nice we make our home theaters, there will always be an “experience” to be had by going to the movies. I know…paying for tickets and snacks is outrageous these days but admit it – once you sit down in that stadium seating and feel the bass vibrate your chest during the previews, you don’t regret the decision! Maybe it’s in my blood. My great grandparents owned and operated the Camden Theater back in the day. It’s just a fun thing to do.

This week, I love Farm Links Golf Club. Oh my goodness…I don’t know where to start. I’ll break it down to you in bullet-point format:
  • Play unlimited golf at a reasonable price.
  • Eat a southern-style lunch inside a very impressive clubhouse.
  • Free bottled water and sports drinks on your cart.
  • Top-notch golf carts with GPS screens.
  • Friendly staff.
  • Great practice range, putting green and chipping green.
  • Well manicured golf course that isn't overly challenging.

That last point is very important to me. I’m not the best golfer so I tend to struggle even more on “demanding” courses (I’m looking at you, Ross Bridge). The folks at Farm Links know what they’re doing in this regard. Wiiiiiiiiiiide fairways and lightly protected greens. I loved it. I want to go back mainly because I played decently and think I could do even better next time. Take a look at these videos and see for yourself how nice things are at Farm Links Golf Club.

Look how wide the tee boxes and fairways are!




Nice challenge here at the 17th.




Check out the landscape on your approach shot at the 18th!




Fairway bunkers are no trouble as long as my fans support me.



The real treat was the famous par 3 seventh hole. It's a very fun hole!



Here's a view from the very top tees. It's difficult to see the ball but Clay stuck this shot right next to the pin.



And it wouldn't be a true golf post without a big bomb from Clay. Here he gives us directions to the GUN SHOW.


Thanks to my sweet wife for a wonderful anniversary gift! I had a blast!

This week, I don’t like wasting my moving-going experience on a bad movie. Julie and I went to a movie last Thursday. We saw “Date Night” starring Tina Fey and Steve Carell. This was not a good movie. It was definitely what my sister calls a “renter”. If I wasn’t having such a good time with my wife, I would have left mid-movie. I normally reserve the movie-going experience for films such as 300, Jurassic Park, The Dark Knight, Se7en and other movies that you just know will not be the same at home. I knew what I was getting into when Julie suggested this movie but I went along with it because I love my wife and that’s the movie she selected. Julie’s first words once we got out of the theater? “That wasn’t a good movie.” Can you believe it America??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment