Apr 9, 2010

Think...then act

I consider myself a cautious person (remember that I dated Julie for a looong time). I usually think things through before I take action. But I failed to stick to this practice on Thursday and I paid the price.

I cut the tip of my finger at work and could not get it to stop bleeding. I got my wonderful supervisor to take me to a walk-in clinic to get stitches and a tetanus shot. I came home with this awesome bandage.


Here is a close-up of my injury without the bandage. I was told to keep the cut very dry and my stitches would be removed in a week. I never knew how much I relied on my right index finger before.


Want to know how this happened? Part of my marketing duties at work include managing our giveaway inventory. We have a bunch of porcelain piggy banks that we give to kids/schools/churches. I noticed a crack in one of the pigs and instantly began trying to pry the piggy bank apart at the crack. No thinking was involved and I did not consider the repercussions. Well, the piggy bank came apart and sliced the stew out of my finger tip. Moral of the story: THINK THEN ACT.

My masculinity takes a big hit each time I tell the story of almost losing my finger to a piggy bank. Julie has been taking very good care of me and I do appreciate all of the flowers and cards you have sent. I know a lot of you are concerned about my golf game but I assure you that I will get back out there soon and will continue to provide the videos that you love so much.

REMEMBER THIS LESSON KIDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment