Apr 7, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like how old-fashioned American Greed can ruin even the best of stories. Some of you may have seen the following video before. If not, it answers every question you've had when watching an episode of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.




Look, I don't like the outcome of these stories any more than you do. But I do want to share the examples they create with as many people as I can. Greed is the numero uno reason why the country's economy is in the tank. So...don't try to stretch a gift (or blessing) any more than it can be stretched.

This week, I love this week. This week is the best sports week of the year. I'm not sure if the stars line up like this every year but let's recap: we've had the Final Four*, Major League Baseball's opening day AND the Masters all in one week! How great is that?!?!

This week, I don't like pollen. Ugh. I don't know if I'm noticing it more because I'm older or because I'm indoors most of the day or what. But the pollen in Bammerham is getting to me! When I leave work each day, my mouth, nose and eyes fall victim to the pollen outside. My truck is yellow. Even the cat lady is wearing a mask when she feeds her cats at various locations throughout our neighborhood. The forecast is calling for some rain tonight so maybe that will help.


*GO DUKE!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. This is not the first I have heard of the aftermath of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Sadly, you are right - greed has gotten in the way. It truly is a shame!

    ReplyDelete