Aug 9, 2013

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like Breaking Bad. It’s been a while since I touted a TV show but I want my appreciation for this show to go on the record. Breaking Bad is about an underemployed high school chemistry teacher (with cancer) who teams up with a former student to make drugs in order to make as much money as possible to leave for his wife and children. The storylines and suspense of each episode are addicting (no pun intended). I've managed to watch this entire AMC original series instantly on Netflix. The new (and final) season of Bad begins this weekend and I hope that AMC will make these episodes available for viewing on its website.


This week, I love Nestle Toll House Ultimates Dark Chocolate Delight cookies. There’s no such thing as too much chocolate. Julie surprised me with these unbelievable cookies recently and I will no longer crave any other cookie. Chocolate on chocolate on chocolate on chocolate! Best of all, Julie pulled these bad boys from the oven just before they firmed up. She was concerned about the dangers of uncooked cookie dough but I took my chances - and I’m so glad I did!
This week, I don’t like Hwy 280. Everyone knows about the work that’s being done to improve traffic flow on Hwy 280. Some of the changes I've seen make sense (the eastbound left-turn traffic lane in front of Whole Foods) while others leave me concerned (the new, sure-to-fail turn lanes in front of Wendy’s / Hampton Inn). What I really don’t like is the afternoon bottlenecks that occur at the CR 119 / Hwy 280 intersection. The new CVS did a very smart thing by installing a curb that will prevent drivers from turning left onto CR 119 from their parking lot. If the BP gas station across Hwy 280 would install a similar curb that would prevent drivers from turning left onto CR 119 from their parking lot, we’d be in business.



Sadly, the more Hwy 280 road construction I maneuver through, the more I realize the main problem is simply the number of cars on this road. I’m guilty of being one of the numerous single-passenger vehicles that travel this highway on a daily basis. I've only lived here for 5 years but I speak like I’m a veteran traffic sufferer. In all seriousness, you only have to spend one day to realize that Hwy 280 is doing way more than it was intended to do. We drivers usually get some relief when the area schools break for summer. This road construction has taken away that brief period of improved conditions. And guess what? School traffic will be upon us in just a matter of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment