May 17, 2013

Baby Item List - Part 2

I blogged about some of our favorite baby items about a year ago here.  This is far and away our most popular post based on the numbers that blogger provides.  Well the picture post we published right after Graham was born got a lot of hits too, but I am pretty sure 90% of those were my mom and mother-in-law.

Anyway...now that we have transitioned from the infant phase to the toddler phase I now have a new list of items that I would like to put my seal of approval on.  Most of these have been used since Graham was about 9 months old, and he still loves all of them.

Fisher Price Activity Table - For a long time I was admittedly opposed to large, colorful, plastic, sound generating toys, BUT I have come around. The Fisher Price Activity Table has proved to be a favorite in our house.  There are several different "themes" but in general are all the same concept.  This one is great because you can take all of the legs off so that they can play with it when they are just sitting up.  We also would leave two legs on and have it at an angle.  Then once they can stand it is the perfect height.  Graham plays with it every day.  I found ours on Craigslist for $10.



Stacking Rings - These probably go without saying, but they really are one of our most played with toys.  Even though he is just now getting to the point where he can put them on in the correct order he has played with them for months.



Rain for Roots-  This CD came out when I was pregnant, and one of the artists actually led worship at our church just before the release.  I purchased the CD and it pretty much stays on repeat in our car at all times.  The songs are so sweet and are even enjoyable for parents to listen to.  We enjoy it so much that I have given about 10 of them as gifts.



Knee and Elbow Pads - This one is really more for parents...My sister gave these to Nick for Christmas, and I am not sure how we made it a year without them.  Your knees and elbows will thank you...I promise.





Playtex Sippy Cup - The world of sippy cups is endless.  There are tall ones. Short one. Ones with spouts. Ones with straws. Handles. No handles. Insulated. You get the idea.  We have been through a variety, and I am sure everyone has their own opinion.  After trying most all brands I have found Playtex to be the best.  I do like their taller ones with straws as well, but they do leak at times.  Over all this specific cup is my favorite.  It is easy to use, doesn't leak, fits in the diaper bag, and cleans up easily.



Munchkin Snack Cups - We love these and use them everyday.


Push Buggy -  We have mentioned this before, but two of Nick's co-workers gave Graham his "car" for Christmas/birthday.  To say he loves it would be an understatement.  No telling how many laps around the neighborhood we have made in this thing.  


Sperry Top-Siders -  I hesitate to put clothes or shoes on the list because I have a lot of favorites, but these are just too good not to mention.  They are easy to get on and off and don't require socks which makes getting out the door much faster.  Graham gets compliments every time he wears them.



There are certainly other items, but these top the list.  It will be interesting to see if this post gets as much traffic as the first list!

No comments:

Post a Comment