Apr 11, 2011

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like the way The Masters ended. At the beginning of Sunday’s round, I was rooting against Rory McIlroy but as Tiger Woods made his charge and Rory began fading away, I found myself feeling a little sorry for the young golfer. Not to worry because we’ll be hearing his name for a long time! What a great final round! Guys were playing lights-out down the stretch. Adam Scott, Jason Day, Luke Donald and yes, even Tiger made a great final push. But they wouldn’t match Charl Schwartzel, a little-known player from South Africa. Charl birdied the last four holes at Augusta on Sunday and all he got for is efforts was a green jacket!



This was a special tournament. A very good friend of mine attended a practice round at Augusta on the Tuesday before the tournament started. He brought back lots of great photos, videos and stories. I was fortunate to watch the final round with him on Sunday and it was very interesting to listen to someone that had been there just a few days prior describe the course layout.

This week, I love downloadable schedules for Outlook. I downloaded the 2011 schedule for the Chicago Cubs and I now have a listing of all home and away games on my email calendar at work. Even better, scores, links to stories and game recaps are included on each entry the day after a game is played. This will be a special season for the Cubs and this downloadable schedule will help me stay on top of every game. Go to www.mlb.com to find your favorite team’s website, click on the “Schedule” tab and find the “Downloadable Schedule” link. Directions on how to create a new internet schedule in Outlook are available. GET ONE TODAY!

This week, I don’t like Kwikset locks with the Smart Key feature. Remember when Julie painted our front door? I tried to make the project easier by removing the deadbolt and door knob for her. When I re-installed the deadbolt, it would not lock and unlock at all. The door knob lock didn’t work properly either, but would suffice. I found a cool replacement deadbolt from Kwikset that had a neat feature that would give you, a common citizen, the ability to rekey the deadbolt. I purchased said deadbolt and installed it with the greatest of ease. But somehow I missed a step in the rekeying instructions and made it so that NO key would work on this spanking new lock. I researched Youtube and found some helpful videos but nothing I tried corrected the problem. I even managed to stump a locksmith that came by the house (he charged me a service fee). Fed up, I purchased a door knob/deadbolt set from Lowes and had them rekey both locks for less than I paid for the first deadbolt. I should have done this first and not even bothered with the deadbolt with the Smart Key feature. DON’T GET ONE TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment