Mar 31, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like that Duke is in the Final Four. I have been on the edge of my seat during Duke's last 2 game against Purdue and Baylor. West Virginia kinda scares me too. I mentioned my wonderful cousin Margie in a post back in February and the fact that she sends me an autographed team poster each year. Margie contacted me a few weeks ago to verify my mailing address. Because I'm a little superstitious, I asked her to keep this year's poster until the family reunion this summer. Duke hasn't lost a game since! Of course...I just jinxed them.

Here's a photo of the very first team poster Margie sent me from the 1997-98 season (STACKED team!). Duke was a #1 seed in the south region that year and lost to #2 Kentucky in the Elite Eight. Kentucky came back from a 17-point deficit (if I recall correctly) and went onto win the national championship. That's Steve Wojciechowski posing at the very front. He's an assistant coach for the Blue Devils these days.



This week, I love that Master's week is just around the corner! Unfortunately, 109% of all pre-tournament coverage will be about Eldrick Woods. I don't have any doubt that Tiger will win, and that upsets me. Why? Because a win at The Masters, in his first tournament back, will instantly erase the tarnish from his image. America will love him again. That being said...I can't wait for next week!

This week, I don't like having a song stuck in my head. Especially a corny song. I've had this song from this Saturday Night Live clip stuck in my head for several days now. DO NOT listen unless you need a new tune for the shower. Because it WILL get stuck in your head. (Sorry about the ad)



No comments:

Post a Comment