Jan 20, 2010

Like, Love and Don't Like

This week, I like before and after photos. Aren’t these great for emphasizing change? Good change – like when formerly-fat people showcase their weight loss. Bad change too – like the revealing images of the damage done down in Haiti. When the weather warms up, I’m going to utilize the “before and after”method to share the work done to our landscaping and deck. Don’t expect any dramatic changes but if my ideas pan out, you’ll definitely notice an improvement.

This week, I love my Farmer’s Almanac. My mom tucks an almanac in my Christmas stocking each year and I’ve spent some time reading the 2010 edition this week. It’s mostly filled with hokey articles about how to make the best compost and advertisements for portable log splitters. But it also contains a long-range weather forecast for different regions of the country. I’m here to tell you that this thing is SPOT ON so far. I don’t know how they do it but just be prepared for a warm and wet summer in 2010. The worst news? The Farmer’s Almanac calls for a soggy Masters Tournament.

This week, I don’t like getting shocked every time I exit a vehicle. Because the weather has been a little warmer and more humid, the “auto sparks” haven’t been too bad this week. But you all know exactly what I’m talking about. There’s something about touching the metal frame of your car door in cold, dry weather that is right for tiny lightning bolts of pain. I don’t know what is worse: the actual shock or knowing that you’re going to be shocked. Then again, maybe it’s my fleece underwear that's causing my static electricity woes?

I kid! If only there was a way we could harness this static electricity…

WATER’S GETTING COLD JULIE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment