Nov 11, 2009

Like, Love and Don't Like

The item I like this week really goes against my weight loss efforts I've mentioned over the past few weeks but I'll go ahead and say it. I really like Nathan's Famous skinless beef franks. Quite possibly the best hot dogs in the game right now. Nathan's Famous franks are the official hot dogs of the hot dog eating contest held at Coney Island each year on July 4th weekend. These frankfurters are NOT the standard encased floor sweepings that other companies try to pass off as hot dogs. Go buy some today and embrace the goodness. Here's a recap video from the 2009 contest. The winner ate 68 hot dogs in 12 minutes or something like that. Nathan's Famous franks aren't small so I am very impressed with this accomplishment.



This week, I love having a day off from work. I had the day off for Veteran's Day today. When ranking the days which to have off, I'd say there's a tie for #1 between Monday and Friday. Wednesday would have to be #2 because it gives you a nice, clean break in the middle of the week. Tuesday and Thursday are tied at #3 because you have to shut down and start back up and you really don't feel like you've gotten a break. However, let the record show that I feel that ALL days off are great.

This week, I don't like our storage situation. Part of my day off was spent trying to reorganize some closets at home. Julie and I don't have much attic space to work with but we do have a few closets that allow us to tuck away items. Unfortunately, these closets fill up quickly. I'll have to remember what my mother always says: you'll always run out of storage space no matter how big your house is. I bet that's true!

No comments:

Post a Comment